Sunday, April 7, 2013

Decades Project (Part 1)

For the Decades Project, our class was divided into five groups of four people and given a decade to research.  Each group was to create a poster and find artifacts representing our specific time period that would then be presented to everyone who dared enter the student lounge in Greenlawn hall on April 10.  My group chose the 1940's to research.

I was really excited to begin researching this time period because my grandma was born in the 1940's and my great grandfather was a pilot in WWII.  I spent an afternoon at my grandmother's house and I am very glad I did...she knew so much about that time period!  Along with all the information she had to share, she also supplied me with some authentic artifacts from that time period.

Here are some of the items used by my great grandfather while in the service during WWII: 




 SOME OTHER IMPORTANT BITS FROM THE 40's.....

 Did you know that Legos first appeared in the 1940's?



 These are aprons from the 40's made from feed sacks:


 Walt Disney became popular in the 40's with Pinocchio and Dumbo as his first movies:


Coke was also trademarked in the 1940's


Stay tuned for pics of the BIG DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment